Got Questions? We Have Answers!
Choose the category that most closely relates to your issue, or check below for common questions and contact links
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take?
We make our Mermaid Tails here in Colorado, USA. Typically our mermaid tails ship out within 5 – 12 business days. Do you need your mermaid tail in a hurry? No Problem! Expedited production of your order is available for a small surcharge.Have Questions about Delivery?
Call us at 1-877-629-7111 or email us at [email protected]
What is a Swimmable Mermaid Tail?
A Swimmable Mermaid Tail, also known as a “Swimtail,” is swimsuit-like fabric combined with a single large flipper, called a monofin, to create a functional mermaid tail.
1.) a Monofin – The plastic and rubber fin that fits on both feet
2.) a Mermaid Tail Skin – A premium swimsuit fabric that wraps over the monofin and swimmer’s legs
Both of these parts are combined and delivered as one piece.
Are Mermaid Tails Safe?
Do I Need To Buy a Mermaid Tail & a Monofin?
Can I Use Any Brand Monofin with My Swimtails Mermaid Skin?
What is the Mermaid Tail Skin Made From?
Do You Sell Swimsuit Tops?
What Size Monofin & Mermaid Tail Should I Order?
Please see our detailed Size Chart for mermaid tail sizing.
Monofin sizing is as follows: Child size 2-7 / Adult size 5-11
*Please note – swimmers with wider feet within the shoe size 5-7 range should choose the adult monofin for a better fit.
Do You Make Custom Sizes?
How Do I Care for My Swimtail?
Care Instructions for your Swimtail can be Downloaded Here
What is Your Refund / Exchange Policy
We want to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase from Swimtails, so…
We will gladly accept returns that are unworn in or out of the water, are in new and resalable condition, and in the original packaging within 14 days of you receiving the items.
Refunds are processed in 2 – 3 weeks from receipt of new / unused returned product.
A 15% restocking fee will be applied to all returned items.
Please note: We cannot refund the shipping charges.
Size / Style Exchanges
If by chance you need to make an exchange, we will gladly accept any item that is unworn in or out of the water, are in new and resalable condition, and in the original packaging within 30 days of you receiving the items.
A new / unused product may be exchanged for a different size product of equal value under the following conditions.
- The exchange is requested within the 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee Period (within 30 days of the tail being delivered to the customer)
- The original tail has not been worn in the water or used in any way outside the water.
- The original product hasn’t been damaged or modified by the receiving party.
- The requested exchange is the same style as the original order.
To Exchange an unused tail for a new size the customer must:
- ship the original mermaid tail back to Swimtails at:
- 7330 S Alton Way
Unit 12 C
Centennial, CO 80112
- Pay any difference in cost of materials for larger sizes if applicable.
- Shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
Please note: Replacement Sizes will not be shipped until the original item is received in unused condition.
Product Damage / Satisfaction Guarantee Exchange
A damaged / defective product may be sent a clear vinyl water-patch or replacement product of equal or lesser value if the following conditions are met:
- A claim is submitted within the 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee Period (within 30 days of the tail being delivered to the customer)
- This is the first and only exchange the customer has requested for this order / item.
Please note: Customers that are no longer within the 30 day satisfaction guarantee period of receiving their tails are Not eligible for a replacement product or refund.